Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 comments Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What Superwoman really needs

Posted by Maia - Filed under , ,

I suddenly wish I was a Gremlin that multiplies in water or have the power to clone myself! ( KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU!) Maybe even having the locket that Hermione Granger had in Harry Potter ( I think it was called the Time Turner) so I can do everything I need in the time I need to do it and be in two - or more- places at the same time. I feel like I'm about to burst. I wish I can split myself into two and revolve around - 1, 2, 3, 4... four worlds.

I'm first and foremost an Admin Asst in our Family Business and it's work for four people. I am a Realtor with a start up business (SOUTHERN POINT REALTY) and many clients. I am a daughter and sister to my family and of course, I am a fangirl who has her own wants and needs and fandom to pursue. I have so many things that I want to do in each part of me that I just want to BURST right now and scream.

I know that I have my limits, though I am seriously pushing it. I know I am human and that I can get tired and get hurt. Though, many people call me SUPERWOMAN because they think I am tireless and have endless amounts of powers. If anything is wrong, Maia can do it! If something needs to be done, Maia can do it! I am not complaining. Most of the time I take it upon myself to do that. But sometimes, I am just plain TIRED.

At work, I am loaded with REPORTS, FILINGS, DATA NUMBERS, FOLDERS, FORMS, PAPERS, APPOINTMENTS, CASES, PROBLEMS, ALLOTMENTS, BILLS, PAYMENTS, REQUESTS ,CERTIFICATIONS, EMAILS, INQUIRIES, DESIGNS, PAYSLIPS, ETC. ETC. ETC. It's enough to make anyone cry for help. I have to re-do reports, start over databases from scratch, rinse, repeat. Since my predecessor was a Nincompoop, I had to do everything. (Of course I'm not complaining!)

Southern Point Realty is my own business. I was excited - still am. BUT MY GOSH! I didn't know it was going to be this tough. ( Malou, you are RIGHT!) But with God's Grace, hardwork and a lot of sacrifice, I know that the Realty would launch beautifully. ( Hopefully within the year!)

I have had barely enough sleep in the past few weeks.I think I am getting sick. My social life just DIED. (RIP Social Life). My friends don't even know me anymore. (Who's that?) I am in an HIATUS til UNKNOWN to my FANDOMS. (Who knows when I will have the time or the strength to return?) I make time for my family - that's important. But my business and my work rule my life.

I admit I am a workaholic. It's something I am not proud of. But It's a sacrifice I have to make to make it big in this industry. Manny Villar said "Sipag at Tiyaga!" I am trying my hardest to emulate his actions - maybe to build an empire like his or even succeed in a few great deals that may help me gain a more stable life - and feed my poor, deprived bank account.

I know that at the end of the day, I would still be okay. The sun would always shine after the rain. I would be I am just hoping for a little release. Maybe a little vacation from all this. or even, help in a few things that I am doing. I need an assistant, a PA, a second brain, a shoulder to cry on and someone to rant on when things get tough.

I realized that SUPERWOMAN needs a sidekick. She needs a person who would be there to remind her of the little things that are important. She needs a person to call on to rave when things go right. Someone who can pat me on the back, someone who can just be there when I need company or to remind me to eat, drink or that I am human and that I need rest.

I think what SUPERWOMAN really needs is not really time, but to sit back, relax and refocus. I have been so uptight lately that I feel like I am a ticking time bomb. Maybe, I could take a break. Maybe soon... When I have time.

I hope I have time...

1 comment:

  1. Do that....sit back and relax, then take one very long and very hard look at what you need to do, what you can ask others to do, and what you don't need to do.

    Make a to do list, if it can be done by someone else, then let someone else do it and if it can be done at a later time then do it later.

    and lastly, Relax and give yourself a bit more Loving!!!

    ReplyDelete