Friday, September 4, 2009

1 comments Friday, September 04, 2009

Beware: the EVIL Plot Bunnies

Posted by Maia - Filed under , ,
I have serious plot bunnies in my head. I need to sort them all out before I start my NaNoWriMo ( National Novel Writing Month) planning this month. I have all kinds of bunnies - I have Psycho bunnies, romance bunnies, crazy bunnies, emo bunnies. murderous bunnies, good bunnies, bad bunnies - name it, i have it! And they are very EVIL. SRSLY.

Some of you maybe asking. WTF is a PLOT BUNNY? Are they cute? Are they the ones that hop around and eat carrots? Do they have a wriggly pink nose? Do they have bushy tails?

PLOT BUNNY (from URBAN DICTIONARY) - An idea for a story that gnaws at the brain until written.
Plot bunnies are nice when you need inspiration. But not when you need to sleep or work. ( Like Right now!) They nag you and nag you until you give in and sit up at 3 am on your computer typing or writing furiously until they make you stop or you just drop from exhaustion. Plot bunnies are demanding little critters that hop around your brain - making you do things. :)

They could make you cry, fall in love, go insane, make you murderous, make your characters go psycho - make you psycho. Theyre the little voices in your head that create characters. Theyre annoying muses that wants to play or be written.

You have no choice as a writer but to follow. You can't hate them. You have to love them. No matter how demandingly annoying they are. You have no choice. I have tried many times to lock them up and/or send them via Fed-Ex to Antartica but to no avail. They escape from the box or come back with a fury -- with more annoying plots that fill up your brain.

I have to tame them before NANOWRIMO comes. If anyone has any ideas how, let me know... :) Id be grateful.


1 comment:

  1. I fully sympathize; so many bunnies, so little time...
    Here's a possible option: http://www.sg1hc.com/pbac/ It's a Plot Bunny Adoption Center. It may help just to put the plot bunny up for adoption, knowing they'll help some pour soul out of a writer's block. And hey, if all else fails, write it down on a piece of paper and put it in a file folder...
    or, as I've tried to do, look at the stories you have going now. See if the bunny fits in with any of the families you have in your stories. :)

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete