Friday, August 14, 2009

2 comments Friday, August 14, 2009

My Brand New Venture: SOUTHERN POINT REALTY

Posted by Maia - Filed under , , ,

I have been a proud holder of a Real Estate Broker's License for a few months already. Of course, I was excited to start to practice but I was honestly unsure and scared of where to start. I have asked my mentors, went to seminars, and started to build a network of friends, family, and other colleagues from which I could get listings, moral support, sales, and even honest opinions on what I am about to do. But then again, I still wasn't sure. I was still scared - I was still alone.

I had a partner and we toyed around with the idea of a cooperative - but it died down quickly. It was too ambitious, too big --- and we weren't ready for that being neophytes and babies of the Realty world. So, I waited, and talked to people who were in the same boat as me and finally chose two with whom I had similar points of views, who I felt most comfortable and confident with. So we bonded, talked, met and many e-mails, phone conversations and texts later - we decided that this was it. We were partners we were forming a realty - but what name?

We tossed a few ideas around and I asked friends. Then one of them, the closest and the dearest gave me the idea through a simple text. "SOUTHERN POINT REALTY." It felt good. I liked it. It was sosyal. It felt big and it felt like it was mine. It was the type of name I can be proud of.

So, I went ahead and registered the name and after a few days, I got the APPROVAL. I was so happy. It felt like a big deal to me! I felt that my world was going to change completely. I felt so happy that I got this officially. It's starting. My own business, MY OWN NAME- MY OWN NEW LIFE. I got this without the help of my parents, I got this without the help of anyone. I worked for this. I deserve this.

Southern Point Realty is a GO. I am happy. I have wanted and prayed for this for so long. This is my new baby. This is my own. My only and my PRECIOUS.

THANK GOD !! TO HIM BE THE GLORY AND THE HONOR AND POWER!!


2 comments:

  1. a belated congratulations to your new venture!!! so your next nano would be about a real estate agent na??? hehehe. am so proud of you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete