Thursday, August 13, 2009

0 comments Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Power of a Child

Posted by Maia -
Children are very powerful. Babies most especially. Their huge eyes, their tiny features, their innocence - everything about them is very powerful. With one look they can make us do things we aren't used to. My brother came home from Law School to be with the baby. He stopped going out and actually stayed home. I used to hate being home, now I rush home every time. I baby talk, I clean up dirty diapers, I even stop working to watch the baby. I even share precious beauty sleep to check on the kid. It's not even mine.

What power do they have? Why do we come when they cry? Why do we coo when they smile? But I am grateful really, because they have the power to destress me from a long and harsh day of work. I seriously feel better when I see her. I feel that everything is alright and that tommorow will be another day. The kid changed us, she gave us hope, a more positive outlook, a better lifestyle and she brought back laughter in our life.

The greatest power this kid has, is the ability to UNITE the family. We enjoy pampering her, feeding her and showering her with our love. She's a little mutant, with the power to make us come together and set aside our differences, be nice to each other and be one again. She's our little supergirl - our savior, and the little angel who gave us back that family feeling.

I seriously think that children are the most powerful people on earth. Seriously, because anybody would follow a child -- they have us wrapped around their tiny little finger.\

0 comments:

Post a Comment