Friday, March 12, 2010

0 comments Friday, March 12, 2010

Love Happened. A Confession.

Posted by Maia - Filed under , , ,
Sometimes, you just have to let it happen. I think the best things in life happen when you simply don't try. It is when you let go that things just magically take shape and you'll be surprised that suddenly, everything falls into place -- when you don't even have to try. I have spent my life looking for that person. You can call him anything - Prince Charming, THE ONE, Mr. Right, The love of your life - but he's still the same person that everyone is looking for the one who completes you, who balances you out and the one who loves you for who you are, what you are and who you will be.

I thought I found him once or twice. The last was a disaster. Jumping in headfirst in a total commitment is plain stupid. It's nice after the first year, but after that it all goes downhill - unless he is your match. So, after getting burned, I decided that though I was born naturally boycrazy, I will try not to get another boy to hurt me. I became the Ice Queen.

Once or twice, someone knocks into my titanium steel vault, ice kept and code locked heart. I went on a date with a One Date Wonder who disappeared on me after making me hopeful. But he's a good guy and I know he has priorities other than romance, so that one I let go. Someone tried to fool me again -- and yes, I found out after much drama. But, you know what, because of that person.. the fool -- it brought me closer to the person I am supposed to be with. So thanks, fool!

What am I trying to say here? Do you get it? What I am trying to say is that finally after much drama and searching and pain and hurt... someone finally unlocked the vault, melted the ice and decrypted the code -- quite by accident actually. I could say that " The search is over... Love happened."

HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?

Well.. it could be magic, or maybe someone heard her plea.. but this is what happened... Most people would think it's cliche' but maybe this is the best way I could describe it.

LOVE HAPPENED.

Two old friends meet again

Wearin’ older faces

And talk about the places they’ve been

He was my High School Seatmate. He loved chess and math. I loved games, knives and was trying at that time to be a part of the 'girly' crowd. He sat next to me the whole year. I noticed him. Who wouldn't with that commercial hair, dimples and that unique laugh? Plus, he was smart - smarter than the average male... and something about him made me think about him. He fascinated me- but still, I didn't want to believe it and told myself, he's just a buddy.

He was part of my 18 roses in my debut. For some odd reason, I thought it would just be appropriate to add him there. He was special. He was just there - plus he to me was a great person.

Still, at that time, i had a beau-- it never would have worked out. College happened. We were in the same college but never really spoke or saw each other. It was resigned to my memory

Two old sweethearts who fell apart

Somewhere long ago

How are they to know

Someday they’d meet again

And have a need for more than reminiscin’

12 years later...

I was turning 30. worried that I would never find the man of my dreams. Maybe my standards were too high. or something. But, randomly browsing through the wonderful world of faceook(THANK YOU FACEBOOK!) , I was surprised to find him. I added him, he added me back. Found him online.

Me: LUCIIIIIIIIII! <3
Him: Ola!

that was it. we started talking and I knew he had to be invited to the Fabulous 3-0. He did say yes, we exchanged numbers. He called me. I can't believe it. I almost died. I'm pretty sure I did. Then after talking a while -- we started texting and of course, I couldn't stop thinking... seriously even if I wanted to. Something told me this was different...

It’s the same old feeling back again
It’s the one that they had way back when
They were too young to know when love is real
But somehow, some things never change
And even time hasn’t cooled the flame
It’s burnin’ even brighter than it did before
It got another chance, and if they take it…

Fabulous 30 happened. When I saw him, seriously it was out of a movie scene. i started feeling the flush in my cheeks rose, i started acting odd. It was attraction at its finest... I tried to ignore it bt it was too real-- so i chose to act cool. But apparently some people read into me. FAIL.

valentine's day. acting like it wasn't such a big deal. But it was. I was fussing over it. I made a big deal out of pampering myself. I wanted to see if this was going to happen. I had the best time. Yet, it was painfully obvious that, he might not like me the same way.

The next Saturdays were bliss... it seemed that one thing led to another. Movie after movie. Coffee after coffee. It just happened. I knew by the time he saved me from Medusa and held my hand that I was doomed. Vault opened. When he put his arm around me casually at seaside, I melted. Then again, it might only be me. I was confused. Because all signals led to one thing-- but he said another... I was practically going mad.

He was perfect for me. He balanced me out. He kept me smiling, hopeful and positive. He understood everything about me. He listened to me. He fascinated me. He let me be me. He loves me for the geek I am. He likes my geekiness. He makes me feel beautiful. He gives me security. He gave me hope. He made me feel special -- but who am I to him?

I got shot down. not once but twice. Or at least I thought I did. yet something kept me hopeful. Crossed my fingers and said a prayer. who knows, right? I took the plunge.

She’s smilin’ like she used to smile way back then
She’s feelin’ like she used to feel way back when
They tried, but somethin’ kept them
Waiting for this magic moment

It happened. I took a risk and changed the FB status. I didn't want to be anyone else's but his. he accepted. I knew then that things will forever be different. I have officially completely fallen in love with him. There's no going back now.

I want to take care of him. I want to be the girl that he loves. I want to love him. that's all...It's funny isn't it.. I wasnt even looking or expecting... but it did... and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world. I want to take care of him and somehow, I know this is it. This is RIGHT.

I love you, Luci... LOVE DOES HAPPEN. I am glad we waited for this magic moment. I am glad it happened when it did...

Maybe this time
It'll be lovin' they'll find
Maybe now they can be more than just friends
She's back in his life
And it feels so right
Maybe this time...
Maybe this time
Maybe this time love won't end

0 comments:

Post a Comment