Saturday, September 26, 2009

0 comments Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pink Roses : Love is not INSTANT

Posted by Maia - Filed under , , , ,

I got pink roses the other day. 15 long stems of gorgeous pink roses from a mystery person ( who turned out to be not so mysterious). I was flattered, I was flabbergasted that someone would spend at least PHP 3,000.00 on flowers that would wilt, wither and die to win my heart.

The card only said...
How about this?
No name, no address, no clue. Not even a single piece of evidence about the guy who sent it. It was fun thinking that it may be from a certain Prince. But possibilities ran endless. Though, admittedly, I was inwardly thrilled. I just didn't like the stares, intrigue and the person who sent it.

The person soon called and I learned who it was from. I didnt like him. I only liked him as a friend and I would never think in a million years of dating this person. So the flowers lost their appeal the moment I learned who it was from. I got worried that people may think I like him. Blah, blah, blah... I thanked him for the present and insisted then that we just be friends. Yet, he insisted that he wanted a relationship.

In my blog Secreat Admirers, you could read about my thoughts on these guys who send mystery gifts. It may be flattering but it could be also a waste of time. You could also be spending money on a lost cause, so boys, maybe next time, try talking to her first -- diba? but if you just really want to show your appreciation. By all means, Give! GIVE! GIVE!

On another note, is it just me or boys could be so impatient lately. Where are the gentlemen? The kariñoso boys that would woo you and wait? Now, it seems to be all instant. There's no more courting. No more going to the house and trying to win her heart. Everything is done through text. Through phone. INSTANTLY. Everything is just like 3-in-1 coffee. JUST ADD WATER.

I know of couples who just met one day, dated and became a couple the day after. Is that really love? or pure lust? Or maybe desperation? If it works out, then thats amazing and great. If not, could that really be considered a relationship?

*sigh* maybe I'm thinking too much about this. But call me old fashioned, but I like the old way of courtship. I think its sweeter, its nicer and its more reason to be sure to have less heartaches. Right? Plus, if you do so, it could be cheaper too. ahahah!!

Kudos!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment